Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 10 months ago

I can't even sleep at night because I'm worried I might die from cancer?

I read online that there are so many different types of cancer and some of them can have no symptoms until you're really dying. I have visited 5 different doctors in the past few weeks and none of them are willing to test me for cancer because I have no symptoms and no family history of cancer. I'm so scared that I have cancer that I can't even sleep at night or fully concentrate at work. What should I do about this? I'm too young to die.

You might spend your whole life worrying and never get cancer. Get a hobby.

Believe it or not , the the mind is so powerful that you can actually cause certain illnesses by worrying about them too much. That’s why hypnosis works because the mind is just an incredibly powerful thing that can influence your body and your emotional reality. . Maybe you should try going to a hypnotherapist and get them to help you with these fears that you have. You should try to sleep though because the lack of sleep can cause problems too. I wouldn’t worry about it though because there’s very little chance you have cancer. Try not to worry because it might just affect your immune system adversely. I wouldn’t take psych drugs for anxiety either because they can really screw you up. They really screwed me up. I would rather see you go to a naturopath a hypnotherapist or whatever. An alternative practitioner. There are certain supplements you could take which would make you obsess less about these things also. You should Google that. Like NAC, etc.. Try EFT, yoga, meditation, etc

• Lili

Troll fail, dear.

You really are a mess, aren't you?

• Layne

Trolls!!! I am easily tricked. Why do people do that? I know some here actually think they are dying. Why do that? Some people are sick, and it makes me mad. Peace!!

Why do you believe you have cancer? Do you have symptoms that you are ill? If not, enjoy your health and live your life. All of us are going to die one day. You can drive yourself nuts thinking about all the things that could happen. Unless you have symptoms, no doctor will test you and no insurance company will pay for tests. There is no general test for cancer. If you feel ok physically and all of your vitals and blood work are fine, there is no reason to worry. Even if a doctor agreed to run tests on you, that won t guarantee you will be healthy in six months or a year from now. Maybe see a psychiatrist if you can t conquer these thoughts on your own.

The reason doctors won't run tests on you is due to the chance of false positive test results which can happen with any test. If a patient is tested and gets a false positive they can end up getting unnecessary procedures that can potentially be life altering. This is why doctors always correlate test findings with the clinical picture before making a treatment plan as the results of a single test are not always accurate.

If you have no concerning symptoms it is excessively unlikely that you have cancer and exposing yourself to the extra radiation you would get from Xrays and CT scans looking for cancer would only increase your chances of getting cancer in the future.

It is not healthy to be worrying about getting a disease you have no symptoms for and are very unlikely to have acquired. It would likely be beneficial to you to make an appointment with a psychologist to learn coping strategies to stop living in fear of something you have no reason to worry about.

• Pippin

And because insurance companies will not pay for 10's or 100's of thousand dollars worth on tests on asymptomatic, low risk patients.

• Sasha

I was like you too, dear of cancer occupied my daily thoughts. Those are intrusive thoughts, you need to learn different coping mechanisms to keep them at bay. When you think of it, change your thoughts immediately think of something else. It’s a process it won’t get better over night

• kelvin

you need to visit a psychiatrist or a therapist

• Eva

There is no "test" for general cancer. Each one has specific symptoms and markers. Normal blood work rules out leukemia and other types of blood cancers. Getting screenings at the recommended ages diagnoses or rules out the rest. Having no family history of it is a good thing. Worrying will get you nowhere; living a healthy lifestyle will.

Trolls don't get cancer... they are a cancer.

• Layne

hahaha