Can a dog die after eating puppies that are 5 days post mortem?

My dog gave birth to puppies 5 weeks ago and they were dropping like flies one by one. Apparently the mom was sick and Pregnant when we got her and no one told us. We buried them in a very deep grave but she s digging them up one by one and eating them. The puppies were worm infested and just bloated with all the... show more My dog gave birth to puppies 5 weeks ago and they were dropping like flies one by one. Apparently the mom was sick and Pregnant when we got her and no one told us. We buried them in a very deep grave but she s digging them up one by one and eating them. The puppies were worm infested and just bloated with all the toxic gas that happens. Is there a chance that my dog could die? And yes we did everything we could to save the puppies. They were just too young to get any shots or really any kind of help because they were not 6 weeks yet. That s what the vet told us.