Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 months ago

My Sister n Laws new baby...?

Hello, my husband s older sister is pregnant with her first child and I know she is very happy because she has had 2 miscarriage already, but I m worried this will cause a lot of drama too. Her boyfriend is not a very good guy and her parents don t really like him and even though he is not abusive or anything he still isn t a "great" guy. Not just because they are not married they also have NO money for anything. They live in a trailer with NO running water or electricity. I truly am concerned for this new child because I know my In-laws won t want their grandchild living in that type of environment. This woman is always broke and asking my husband s family for money and now with a new baby I m sure she will be even more broke. I just don t know what to do i don t want to be around any of this drama. Does anyone have any advice or gone through something similar? One of my other sister n laws already has 4 kids an she is always asking for money too because she is always broke too and i hate that the same thing could happen with this situation. Thanks and God Bless.

the best thing to do is just be sensitive towards everyone's feelings but let your husband no how you feel. if you cant afford it and your husband is still financially supporting his sisters then you have every right to stop this. your in-laws supporting their own daughters is none of your business unless their spending your money? you don't need to be part of the drama just stay away from it their not involving you.

she can apply for welfare help if she has a baby

• Kelly

Your sister in laws baby and financial status is none of your business.

You have had problems with your in laws and sisters in law and mother and father in law for three years (and counting).

Perhaps if your husband grew a pair things would be different. Why is it YOUR job to straighten out HIS family?

I don't really understand why your husband can't speak to his sister and why your husband's parents can't address this situation. You have NO legal standing here other than to report possible child abuse. If the unborn child will be in an abusive situation, then you have the same duty as everyone else - a duty to report the abuse to the authorities. I am not aware that the parents NOT being married makes a person "not a 'great' guy."

You know what your in-laws know? Why can't they speak for themselves. As far as the sister asking her parents for money, that really is none of your business. I'm not sure it's your husband's business.

You don't want to be around "the drama?" Then distance yourself from the situation.

All I'm reading is "sisters in law" (which is the phrase, sisters is the plural) get money from the in-laws and maybe you don't. Read your question again. You are very transparent.

And, yes, when I see a child in a dangerous situation I report it to the authorities.