Theists, if god is the good one and the devil is the bad one, how do you know it wasn’t the devil who wrote the Bible to deceive you?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Because you have used the name of a half breed who is not God.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

valid question

I will tell you

I do not trust anyone who thinks the reason not to steal from, cheat or hurt other people

is gods punishment and the bible tells them.... it also tells them of forgiveness for hurting other people

I trust people who would not steal or hurt others is because they would not want the same done to them

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

This question is too retarded to answer sorry

• 4 months ago

The Devil would not promote Love and forgiveness! He would not teach us how to flourish in life and be healthy and happy and he certainly wouldnt write about his own destruction!

• -_-4 months agoReport

Yes I think that is a good answer. Wait... how do you know so much about the Devil?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

The Devil wouldn't be telling us to forgive our enemies and pray for those who hurt us, and bless and do good to and be kind to those who despitefully use us and persecute us - would he now? (Matthew 5:44)

• sarah
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Why would Satan tell about his destruction? Why would he tell about how he corrupted Eve? why would he say in Revelation 12: he was kicked out of heaven because he was so wicked.

• 4 months ago

devil is created by G-d... He controls all world..

Moses was a prophet of G-d. And he never lied....... His witness...... He wrote Torah while many saw it...

• Thumbs UP for gullibility! The Torah contains a passage -Deuteronomy 33:1-34:12- describing the death of Moses. Nice trick, if you can explain HOW Moses wrote that, while he was DEAD! [[]]. OR- - You can admit you made an exaggerated claim.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

because following the Bible improves people's lives, which is the last thing the devil would want

• 4 months ago

Are you saying that we have no way of knowing good from evil? Very few people lack some reasonable ability in that respect.

You don't have to be a Jew or Christian to see that there is a good deal of wisdom in the Bible. If you read it, that is. If you don't, of course, you will not know what is in it, and you will have no logical right to comment upon it. I'm talking about logic here, not to deny freedom of expression to anybody.

• Hercules4 months agoReport

But would you know it’s wise if the devil had tricked you into believing it was wise?

• 4 months ago

Standard atheist question number FIVE

• EddieJ
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

@Knightwulf: Are you trying to imply that if common questions can be numbered that it somehow invalidates the question?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.