Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 4 months ago

Best pet stores/shops to buy bunny-related items?

Hello! I live in the UK in a pretty small countryside village and am planning to adopt a 3 yr old rabbit very soon. However, my local pet store doesn’t sell Timothy/orchard grass hay, only alfalfa hay which I can’t use as the rabbit is too old. They don’t sell pelleted bedding, either, and the other little pet stores I’ve checked out don’t sell things like that either. I haven’t found any large hay racks nor brushes for grooming.

I know that IKEA sells some good pet items, but I’d have to ask both my busy parents to drive an hour just to take a look. I’ve also learned that my local TK Maxx sells some cute pet bowls, beds and hidey houses, but that’s about it.

I don’t want to opt for ordering in everything as the cost of postage is just too much in the long term. So, I was wondering if other bunny owners in the UK could recommend a few good shops, websites with free postage or tips? Thank you in advance!

Does Amazon deliver to you? If so there's tons of products on there and probably much cheaper than pet stores charge. If your parents get a Prime account shipping on most orders will be free.

I'm not in the UK, but there are plenty UK members in the following rabbit forum. They would be able to offer suggestions.

https://rabbitsonline.net