promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
P asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 9 months ago

How does it cost only .50 cents to feed a starving child but in America it cost 10 dollars a day.?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because a starving child will be grateful and nutritionally satisfied with a portion of any carb that's cheap where they live and any protein source that's safe. So 4 ounces of milk, a cup of rice, and a handful of soybeans keeps this child alive and improves their health, while few American kids would touch anything but the milk--and that only if you add sugar and chocolate.

• Zirp
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

A lot of children in Africa are lactose-intolerant

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

I live alone and it usually costs me more than $10 a day to eat. I don't eat junk

• Oiy
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

There are many countries which have a more lower cost of living than America. The thing is you should compare the cost of raising a child to the other activities, like leisure. I know it's still much lower than in Japan and Sweden or Germany.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Wages are low in many african countries, and a lot of farms there are not owned by big business...which means there are no shareholders and CEO's to pamper.

Also, in africa food can often go from the farmer to the consumer, without being dragged across the planet to be processed, stored and distributed

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Because "the child" in the US probably wants 5 courses plus a dessert. Starving children in 3rd world countries just want something to eat.

• 9 months ago

Bcus economy in usa and Philippines stink

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.