Why would a man walk up to an ex female friend if he is with someone else?

I was at a pub with some friends celebrating one of their birthdays. As I am sitting at the bar in the pub I look up and my fwb who I haven't been with in only 2 mos is there with another female. Ok fine because I was already sitting talking to a gentlemen I had met prior when I even noticed him. He had the... show more I was at a pub with some friends celebrating one of their birthdays. As I am sitting at the bar in the pub I look up and my fwb who I haven't been with in only 2 mos is there with another female.

Ok fine because I was already sitting talking to a gentlemen I had met prior when I even noticed him. He had the nerve to come over by me while I was talking and ask if I was good. It seemed very awkward. Then later on he and the female was walking pass back where I was at but by that time I was already leaving with friends.