I'm thinking about starting my own freelance writing business and blog, what could I do with the digital marketing niche?

• Jay

Use the Fiverr Platform for best results.

Sure, start a blog about digital marketing...to compete with digital marketing companies who post content multiple times per day...good luck with that.

Honestly, doesn't really matter what you are writing about, if you don't have readers...you're just a hobbyist...

Make ebooks .......

• Speed

Andrea, consider that you're competing with a whole lot of other people who are skilled writers, as I assume you are. What do you offer that they don't? How can you reach potential customers they can't? How can you market yourself to make your business stand out? How will you handle requests for academic or business fraud? How about hardcore porn? Illegal stuff like snuff or child porn that's fictional? Fanfiction that violates copyright? (I know freelancers get some strange requests.) What content will your blog have that makes it worth the time to seek out and read? How will you alert past readers to new content?

I'm a longtime member of an active site for writers, and the freelancers are *always* scrambling for work, even those with a lot of experience. They also have lots of contract problems with entities who use their work but don't pay as the contract specifies. If it were me, I wouldn't try this, but it's your decision. Just go in with your eyes wide open.