Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Should I go back to that bible group anymore?

Hi, i have been going to this one group with my parents for 2 years now and I don't think I want to go back again. Here is why, I think the leader of the group is very obnoxious and i asked him a question regarding the subject, he just said go look it up yourself. That got me offended and thinking about going back or not. But if I don't go back people at the group will ask about me. So i don't know what to do about it?

• Mikenx
    Favorite Answer

Don't go back. Look for a better group.

• sarah

When your growing up you think your parents and this family is your whole life. It is only the first 22 years. Get a good education, a good job and move away. Then do what you want with your life and you won't care so much what people think.

You're going to let a jerk push your buttons and control you? You do what you decide to do. Not in reaction. If you think the Bible study group would be beneificial to you, don't let somebody obnoxious prevent you from attending.

It shows poor leadership quality or exhaustion on the part of the leader, especially if he has become obnoxious. You can bring this up before him and the group and/or discuss it with the pastor in charge of the bible groups. If you leave or join a different group after that, the people of the old group (and your parents) will at least understand your reason for leaving them. Speak the truth with love and understanding.

No you shouldn't if you care to ask me

He was rude. His role as group leader is to give you spiritual guidance--not make you feel bad for asking a question and brushing you off. You should tell your parents--and together, talk to him and give him a chance to explain why he talked to you that way.

Look it up yourself, as he suggested. Don't be easily offended. Maybe he was having an off day. Forgive and forget. If you are living with your parents and they want you to go, go. In what other ways is he obnoxious?

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be a bit more sensible to make these kinds of decisions for yourself, possibly with the advice of actual friends or people you know, rather than anonymously asking random strangers on the internet? Tell me if you think I'm off-base about that.

If God or Jesus loved us then no one would be condemned an eternity of torture. Everyone would be welcomed into paradise.

• Fireball

WRONG...NO REWARDS FOR IGNORING GOD...THINK DUH>>

start your own religion, it worked for Martin Luther.

Don't go back. Instead, go to a group that teaches all of the Bible and preaches the true Gospel

.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death