promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is anyone on here a home appraiser?

I’m looking into this job and don’t know much about it. What is the training like? What is the actual job like? Do you go out to homes on your own? Do you work for a company or just one person?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

I am not one but I can provide some insight. You would need to be a "certified home appraiser". If you are certified as such, then you cannot appraise a home because you do not have the knowledge or skill set to do so. Some work independently. Others are hired by lenders. Every time a house is refinanced or a mortgage is drafted, the house must be appraised. They work alone. It does not take two people to appraise a house.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

The key is to tell people their worthless homes are worth millions. That'll stimulate the economy.

• 9 months ago

Any of these would fit. When doing the actual job though, you will absolutely be going alone...

Training, they might expect you to have some basic knowledge about building and construction. However, you'll be just filling out checklists and taking measurements. Testing outlets and fixtures is pretty darn easy.

Odds are that you would work for a firm who does this, there are plenty of them. Or, if really motivated, you can work on your own and either find customers yourself or work as a subcontractor for a bigger firm.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.