Was it rude that I asked people to bring gift cards instead of gifts to my house warming?

I recently moved into a new home, and I’m having a housewarming party this Sunday. I’ve been sending out invitations all month and I have listed at the bottom that gifts are welcome, however in lieu of gifts, I’d appreciate gift cards instead. I sent out some last minute invites today and one person brought to my... show more I recently moved into a new home, and I’m having a housewarming party this Sunday. I’ve been sending out invitations all month and I have listed at the bottom that gifts are welcome, however in lieu of gifts, I’d appreciate gift cards instead. I sent out some last minute invites today and one person brought to my attention that the statement seemed rude and that she would not be attending because of it. I explained to her that I have a certain theme & colors and I’m afraid that if people bring gifts, I won’t be able to use them. She still insisted that it sounded selfish and greedy.. now I’m wondering if maybe she is right? No one else has mentioned this but her and she is the one friend who speaks her mind no matter what. I’m not sure if others would even say anything if they did feel the same. So I’m asking for second opinions. Was I wrong to ask for gift cards instead of gifts?