Atheists how to you handle a christian who is forcing her belifs on you ?
I need some help thanks =))
if is online what will you do
if is in real life what will you do ?
- DocLv 66 months agoFavorite Answer
Refuse to acknowledge her beliefs. Christians have a need to feel they're right, and justified in their religion. Ignoring their say so makes them frustrated, they feel they have to prove themselves. They can't, and never have.
Sinse religions have no evidence to back them up, you can dismiss any claim they make, without any evidence.
- sarahLv 76 months ago
Get a different friend? Why do you have to be around people who do not believe like you do. We need to make friends of people we like.
- 6 months ago
A gun and a book of law. The fundies don’t have power of religious belief over someone the law and a gun
- WundtLv 76 months ago
Online - How much you want to engage is up to you.
- If you want to ignore it, ignore it.
- If you want to challenge them, then do so politely and with sound arguments.
- If they are really nasty, block them.
IRL - That depends on who is doing the forcing.
- If it is a person (such as a parent) on whom you are financially dependent, or a member of your family with whom you want to remain close, you might have to pretend until such time that you can make your feelings known.
- If they are a friend or family member whom you do not need to maintain a relationship, politely tell them you are not interested. If they persist, tell them they are not respecting your wishes. If the continue to persist, cut contact with them.
- If they are a stranger, laugh at them and walk away.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- choko_canyonLv 76 months ago
No one can FORCE their beliefs on you or anyone else. They can preach and proselytize, but they can't make you believe anything you don't believe. If it's online, ignore them. If it's in real life, stop associating with that person, or tell them that you don't appreciate being preached to. Pretty simple.
- Climate RealistLv 76 months ago
Christians how to you handle an atheist who is forcing her beliefs on you?
- Anonymous6 months ago
Laugh, as always.
- Den B7Lv 76 months ago
Nobody can force their beliefs on anyone.
- HalLv 76 months ago
For salesmen you don't want to buy from, it's best to just politely say "no thank you" and then close the door or hang up the phone (having already been considerate).
Christianity isn't something that can be forced on anyone, so too much force can actually be a sign it's some *other* belief system, not real Christianity, even if it tries to use the Bible as a prop.
- megalomaniacLv 76 months ago
I just tell them that they can believe whatever they want and I have no obligation to share their imaginary friends.
If I want to step it up a notch I can always introduce the complete lack of any credible evidence for any gods.
The bottom line however is not really about the existence of gods, it's about suspending disbelief in order to belong to a club with social, political, and economic benefits.
If none of those things discourage the other person from pushing their religion on me I can always walk away. There is no point getting insulting or angry about it.