promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Alexia asked in SportsMartial Arts · 9 months ago

Could a girl/woman with a black belt in karate or so defend herself against an average man?

I mean in a real situation, with normal clothes on, like jeans and so on.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Yes; one of my female students who was 12 laid out a kid in her class after he groped her and he was head and shoulders taller, had about 100 pounds on her and was almost three years older and been held back a couple of times for misbehavior and being a discipline problem. The school where this happened initially tried to suspend her then for fighting but her parents took it to the school board along with filing charges against the kid who was 15 at the time and it came out during the investigation that he had also groped a number of other female students who were afraid to come forward. He got expelled and sent to a special school for those types of kids in the district but nobody ever messed with her ever again after that happened.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

Lmbo. Try kicking in jeans? You can't kick in jeans. It depends on the school she attended and how good she actually is. Her situational awareness etc. A lot of factors really. The girl should learn more applicable martial arts and stick to them. Learning as much she possibly can. The best martial arts out there aren't special they are simple. That's all. Jiu jitsu is simple, judo is simple, sanda is simple. Aikido and Karate are too complex. Muslim salikhov is good because he keeps his techniques simple. Notice this though. Use your mind. The mind as a weapon in of itself. Jon jones and khabib use their mind that's why they're so good. They train with their minds involved and at the same time employ mushin while fighting. That's the difference between average amd extraordinary.

• Megumi
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

Many of us certainly can beat average men. I am taller than an average American man.

• 9 months ago

I can beat men much bigger than me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

no or almost close to nil ...the ratio to overcome is too overwhelming..

this is akin as an average joe blow against a chimpanzee..the odds are stacked against him

• 9 months ago

She could probably defend herself against an above average man.

• 9 months ago

I know a few women with black belts that have defended themselves against average (over hormoned, drunk, aggressive, foolish) men- 2 men died, another blinded , another pretty much a eunuch, couple with missing lung sections after ribs broken and driven into lungs, another was on sticks with back brace , rehabbing lower back spinal crack, another had to get kidney removed after ruptured. Shotokan, Shimabukaru Shorin Ryu, Tang Soo Do., Shuri-Te from Chicago and Detroit areas, Joliet.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

What they are wearing has nothing to do with the outcome. How they train does. If they trained properly then most likely yes

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

nine times out of ten no. karate isnt going to be good enough for an average sized girl to beat an average sized man. the women would have to gain so much muscle she would become unattractive in order to win with karate. the only chance the girl has is getting a lucky shot on the chin. hitting anywhere else would not be very effective.

• 9 months ago

it probably depends on the person since everyone is different

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.