New pup and worried about Parvo?

My brother bought an 8 week old puppy (9 weeks now) and she doesn't have any of her vaccinations. They're scheduled for next week. I have an older dog who of course is up to date on all of his. But I want to take my dog on walks. Is it possible for him to bring the Parvo virus home to the new pup (we walk... show more My brother bought an 8 week old puppy (9 weeks now) and she doesn't have any of her vaccinations. They're scheduled for next week. I have an older dog who of course is up to date on all of his. But I want to take my dog on walks. Is it possible for him to bring the Parvo virus home to the new pup (we walk on trails, etc., where many other dogs have been), or is this something I shouldn't be too worried about?
Update: Well, I owe you all a massive thank you for your responses. I showed him and he's made an appointment for 4pm today! Thanks, guys :)