I am legally changing my first name. How do I go about annoucing my new name to my boss, co-workers and clients?

I have worked for the same company for 10 years. There is no HR department to address this question either as I AM the HR person.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You'll need to provide whatever entity does your payroll and benefits with the official name change decree. Then just send out a mass email announcing how you'd like to be addressed going forward.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

So you are the HR Dept but you have NO standard policy for what do to when there is a name change? So if ANYONE else did it then HR has no way to handle it? If they do then that is how YOU handle it when it is YOU. If the goal is that HR informs people then guess what, YOU inform people just like it was anyone else. If there is NO policy in place then you now establish one. I would stick with the simplest one of you/HR informing people there has been a name change and this is the one that is to be used now.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Just send an e mail to everyone!

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Erm ,,,, By telling them or emailing. Not difficult is it ?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

"How do I go about annoucing my new name to my boss, co-workers and clients?" Get your computer person to update your display name for your email and send an email to everyone you work with announcing the change. Make a sign for your door. Disengage your butt from your chair and go tell people.

• 6 months ago

just talk to them just talk to them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.