Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 11 months ago

Can you eat All Bran cereal and stay in ketosis?

I'm just curious is you can eat All Bran cereal and staying ketosis. I'm going to start eating All Bran. I heard and then read up that all bran is low of the glycemic index. So, can I eat it and stay in ketosis?

The last thing you want to eat on Keto is any sort of sugar. And there are two types of sugar in this cereal. One of them is high fructose corn syrup, which is the absolute worst sugar on earth! And i think this cereal is a fiber overload.

Plus, All Bran is 21 grams of carbs per serving. That's more carbs than i usually eat in a day.

Here are the ingredients:

Wheat Bran, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Malt Flavoring, Calcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Sodium Ascorbate and Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Reduced Iron, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid, Thiamin Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D.

This isn't keto and is a processed food. Processed foods are not keto foods - never will be.

• Blonde

Not really. It’s about the body’s ability to burn fat. Grains are digested differently than fat. Now, I’ve heard some Keto diets allow a certain % of grains, but I’m not an expert.