Do you think Sony Pictures will agree to this new deal with Marvel?

Update:

Yes/No

Update 2:

Disney should give them a cut of the merchandise rights.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.................................

• 4 months ago

I think this deal sounds a lot more reasonable then the original one. Not sure Sony is going to agree, and with the Saturday deadline pretty sure they won't.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Cosmicbook is about as accurate as Breitbart. If they say it's happening, it's not.

• 4 months ago

Added:

I stand corrected. Sony does still solely own the films rights to Spider-Man, provided now, I believe, those future films don't include any MCU characters or storylines. Disney/MCU, I believe, own the TV streaming rights. Sony is already planning out a new film without Disney/MCU involvement. Not being part of MCU future films is gonna be tough though. They'll have to sign a new agreement if other MCU characters are gonna be part of future films. Disney will want a bigger piece of the pie no doubt--they couldn't imagine Far From Home would top a billion. It's ironic, of all the Marvel Characters, Spider-Man probably has the least amount of glorious FX powers, and Far From Home still made a fortune. Shows how popular Spider-Man really is.

On a side note: I can't believe Captain America movies are making a lot of money. I never once read a Captain America comic. They didn't appeal to me.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Not if Disney has its way. They know Spider-Man: Far From Home was Sony's highest grossing film ever, topping a billion dollars, and that bothers Disney, since they own Marvel Entertainment. They know that could have been all theirs instead of sharing the licensing for Spider-Man movies with Sony. Disney dominates the top 25 all-time box office movies. That is one greedy company. Now, they're in the streaming business too like Netflix.

• Goldfly252000
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

How could it have been all theirs though? Sony has had the rights to Spider-man from long before Marvel studios. Sony just has to make the movies to keep the rights, and Disney not making a deal wasn't going to stop that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

I have no idea, nor do I care. I think there are way too many super hero movies as it is. I would like to see something new and creative for a change, instead of the same old thing over and over.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.