promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 months ago

Do women really initiate domestic violence more than men?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't know but if they do I don't believe the margin is that large. Maybe 1 to 2 percent more often. I would be surprised if the margin was greater but I am not saying it is outside the realm of possibility

• ʄaçade
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

The rate is actually larger than 1-2%. But non-severe violence (without broken bones, blood, death, etc) is not hugely disparate.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Yes. Because they know that the men they abuse will be laughed at and not believed if it gets reported to the cops. They know they can get away with it every time. Look what happens I’m family court. NO protections for men or boys here. All about women. As one small example, If you move into federally subsidized housing you will get a pamphlet talking about how you can be evicted if you engage in domestic violence towards women. NO warning is given to women about committing domestic violence against men. NONE WHATSOEVER. So typical. Feminazis rule. The situation is so bad in feminazi Family Court system that 10 American divorced fathers commit suicide each day. Serial rapists and murderers have more rights, get treated better

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

No , not at all dude.

• donnie
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

Not more I would say that there are male and female initiators

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Google it for statistics. How do i know? I don't care about this at all

• Elana
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Want a boat load of statistics?

http://www.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm

This is a list of studies on gender of domestic violence perpetrators and victims, last seen, over 300 different studies.

Yes, women are as or slightly more likely to initiate domestic violence than men.

Much domestic violence is "mutual". That is, one person starts it and the other responds, often in self defense.

Both in the cases of mutual violence and when the other person doesn't respond, women are more likely to strike the first blow.

• 9 months ago

if women initiate domestic violence ,then ,she will be beaten up by his husband ,because man are stronger than women ,you need to know that women can't beat man in a fight ,unless this man is very soft ,whether it is man or female ,the domestic violence will only result in more divorce ,I think that during marriage ,whatever happened ,both sides need to show restraint ,and avoiding fighting ,when the anger fade ,you will regret it according to a study ,as the women become financially independent ,what's more ,when they earn twice more as much as their husband ,they like to order their husband around ,besides ,women who have bad temper will usually initiate domestic violence ,they like to resort to force to address the problems ,I think that the best way to tackle the marriage crisis is that each side need to make a compromise ,

• ...Show all comments
    • Funnelweb
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Very often the man has been trained all his life to "never hit a woman under any circumstances" and he will just take the physical abuse, or leave the relationship, or commit suicide.

• 9 months ago

The statistics based on research says yes.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It's hard to know because male victims are much less likely to report DV from a female partner.

• ʄaçade
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Less likely to report TO POLICE, yes.

That is why IPV researchers use personal surveys and police reports and aggregated medical reports and survey doctors and medical first responders.

It is not a perfect way to collect data. In the case of IPV, it seems to be the only way to collect these data.

• 9 months ago

I'm guessing that the women feel more frustrated and manipulated than the men, and feel violence is their only recourse.

• Elana
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Or perhaps they are less trained that hitting the other gender is a societal no-no. You can hit him and not suffer repercussions. And guess what? They're right. There have been many cases where she starts it and he goes to jail.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Yes, women really initiate domestic violence more than men.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/women-more-likely-...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.