Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 9 months ago

How can you believe in God by faith alone?

Favorite Answer

Faith is a willingness to find out for yourself. With that, and repentance, and good works, one may know God for himself, through his own experiences with him. You should, too. It's the logical thing to do. Don't bother moving the goalposts. It's more evidence than atheists have to shore up their atheism.

• Jim R

"Faith" is exactly your excuse for not finding out for yourself. Why not just show this evidence? Christians constantly brag about all this evidence, but will never ever show any of it. I think they brag over nothing.

• Megumi

I do not use faith at all since it has no genuine supporting evidence and may be contrary to evidence. God does not exist.

Well you certainly can if you believe what God has written in His Word - the Bible. There's no other way to believe in God except by faith because we can't see Him since God is a Spirit (John 4:24) so God is invisible, so how else do you expect to believe in God except by believing or having faith in what He has already told us about Himself and how He has provided salvation for us sinners - through Jesus Christ who died for us on the Cross of Calvary?

• Megumi

Faith is blind and mindless, so it is worthless. God does not exist. 99.54% of the people in Japan do not believe in God. 71% of th3e people in the world do not believe in God either. The Bible is extremely poor fiction.

Because I have the Bible. The Bible is the absolute Word of God and is 100% true.

.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• Megumi

Thomas Jefferson said that critically reading the Bible proves that God does not exist. The bible is 100% fiction. Heaven, Hell, God and Jesus do not exist. You do not know any truth. I do not want to be with Jesus H. Christ.

Faith is believing in something unseen or an intended outcome without proof or guarantee.

• Megumi

Therefore faith is worthless.

Because after you apply faith which also includes being obedient God will start to move in you and in your life doing things that you cant deny unless you're like pharoh who stiffened his neck even when he saw God moving in egypt. When God moves in a person after they put their faith in Him its undeniable and it olny builds their faith. I remember when i put my faith in God i asked him to cleanse me of all the things that i did that was offensive to Him and he literally stripped me of everything i loved that i didnt think i could ever live without. But when He did that i felt the most joy love and peace i had ever felt in my life and upto this day i dont understand how could i be so happy even though i lost everything that made me happy. But i realize we as human are attached to thing that give us joy and happiness and withoit them we would be sad but God wants to show us that His Spirit is all we ever need to be filled with overwhelming peace joy love and happiness. He also does other things like answer your prayers which is kind of crazy but its true. But he wont answer if you're living in sin. Once Gods Spirit is in you you wont pray for vain things you'll ask for spirotual things and guidance and for help from God. You'll ask for things thats are in Gods will to give you. God only gives according to His will. So if your prayers arent according to His will they wont be answered. But once His Spirit is in you your mind will change and you'll begin to ask for things according to His will.

• Megumi

Gods do not exist.

That is the only way you can.

By ignoring many aspects of science that contradict what the faith claims to be/ has been true and real

I don't. I believe in God also because his existence makes sense to me.

@ TD's -- Oh, look at that. Some people are lacking in logic.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Jea

Nobody claimed that BS Jim, you put words I never said in my mouth. Just more lies as usual. How I wish christians thought lying was wrong. Why is it the only thing you can do, just lie. You have no point. I've proved that over and over. You make stuff up, then feel insulted we don't buy your BS.

• Nancy

"Belief" and "faith" are synonyms, so it's not clear what you're asking. You may as well be asking, "How can you believe by belief alone?" That makes no sense. It employs a tautology that has the logic of the sentence running in circles.

• Jim V

Well spotted