I am leaving tomorrow for Krakow Poland and to tour Auschwitz. I am solo traveling which I have never really done. I just wanted to do it?

Because my grandfather was a prisoner there and am of Jewish heritage. Any advice on solo traveling or things to do there besides just the auschwitz museum?

• Zirp
    Favorite Answer

Just take the tour. It's available in English, German, French, Polish and Russian

You should be fine during your solo trip visiting Auschwitz. Try to come as early as possible to the place, because it becomes huge standing line and a lot of people wait in line for the tickets / entrance.

Also, keep in mind that there is 2 parts of the Auschwitz muzeum. Auschwitz and Camp Birkenau. The tour starts in Auschwitz. My friends went to the wrong place and they had to wait in longer line. So, just keep in mind and try to start your visit in the right place.

You can take a look at the pictures from our visit to Auschwitz https://tripmap.lt/kelione-lenkijoje-ausvico-stovy...

• Mark

That's about it. Oswiecim ("Auschwitz" in Polish) is a rather boring town, and no, they don't sell snow-globes depicting the crematoria.