Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 6 months ago

Why is there always that one customer that holds you up with a long transaction as you’re about to end your shift or close for the night?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It is called sod's law, i used to be a librarian and some nights we were open until 8pm,nearly every night someone would come in at about 5 to 8 and want all sorts of stuff finding for them! he public are very annoying aren't they?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

The customer's being persistent as one strongly feels he must make the transaction without a fuss and that one is doing this out of easy persuasion.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

People don't know that you're about to end your shift nor do they care.

As for store closing, that is a strategy people some use as you know the store will be empty and employees will be more willing to help you so they can get you out of the store faster.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because their name is Karen.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

maybe they didnt realize you were closing

• drip
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

People have no idea when your shifts end.

As long as your store is open, they can walk in two minutes to close to shop. That is their right.

No store manager is going to tell you to tell the customer to leave. Or that they must hurry up so you could closed

Some people are just getting off work , rushing around trying to get errands done, some are oblivious to the time.

• 6 months ago

Because ppl pay little attention to work schedules, and more to the reason they’re shopping and when. Often ppl prefer going later in the day or evening to avoid crowds. They’re clueless about closing times and try to rush in at the last minute.

• 6 months ago

Could you state we are just about to close, but I would be glad to help you until then. Even stating something like I have to get back to my elderly mother or to my young children, would be a nice touch

• drip
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

If the store is open you can NOT tell a customer to leave. If they walk in before close you must let them shop. All retail stores I worked at, the bosses all would tell you never tell the customer they need to leave.

• 6 months ago

Big deal - 5 minutes more or less.

• 6 months ago

And you know those people who show up last minute never worked such a job before. Those that have, know better.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.