Am I the only one who does this?

This morning my wife mentioned that there are things that I do that bother her. In a week we're going away with my family for our annual Labor Day get away. I started pulling out clothes last night and sitting them to the side. I folded them and sat them on one spot on the sofa. I don't want to forget anything. My wife has a problem with that saying I'm making the house look messy. She feels that I should wait till next Wed or Thurs to pack. I told her a lot of people start pulling things out a week before a vacation just to make sure they have everything. It's not like I walked to the living room door and just chucked my clothes in there and where ever they landed that's where they will stay. She also has a problem with the fact that when I come in from work I sit my bookbag down on the sofa, only to pick it back up and walk back out the door the next morning. She said that makes the house look nasty. By her own admission she doesn't like a lot of company in our house so what does it matter if I leave my bookbag on the sofa overnight? What does it matter that I'm laying clothes out for a vacation trip in a week? Isn't it my house too? Am I the only one who do things like this or is she just looking for something to complain about? Now, she keeps a blanket on the back of the sofa so that when she gets cold she can wrap up on it. Yes, even in the summer.

• Ana

Why don’t you compromise? Do the packing 2 to 3 days before. Not a week before.

I think you guys should just do a common sense, high IQ compromise. Don’t quabble like low IQ people. Find a middle ground and then shut up about it and be happy

Try using your suitcase as your packing stack instead of the couch for over a week. Most anyone who lived with you would be annoyed at that. The fact they are folded doesn't make it any less annoying!

• i + i

No, you are not the only one who does this --

there are tons of others that behave just the

way that you do... but that does not make it

right. The couch is not the place for stacking

your clothes a week before a trip, nor is it a

place to store your bookbag overnight... it's

a COUCH. Snowed wins this round, sorry.

• Foofa

Nobody wants to live for a week with your clothes on the sofa. Just put them into your travel bag now and set that aside in a closet or something. It may be "your house too" but others live there and when we cohabit it's on us to try to engender a tidy living space so we don't inconvenience others.

I start packing before, but I don't stack things up on the couch I put them in a suitcase. yes I expect it does look messy and make it difficult to use the couch

You have issues other than this, and you are using insignificant things to complain to each other instead of working on the real problem. What you do with the backpack on the sofa my husband has been doing that forever and I complained so much about it. I even got him some nice ikea furniture so he can hang his backpack there to not make the place look messy. But guess what he still leaves it on the table. But I’m no longer another by it. Why? Because we have worked on our bigger issues.both of you are annoyed by each other right now. You need to go to counseling and fix your issues because when they bigger, these small things that you are nitpicking on, will become huge dealbreakers. So focus on the real issues at hand. you both love each other it is obvious, so work on your marriage now before love leaves this marriage. Because if it does, it will get harder to fix things. Good luck