Am I the only one who does this?

This morning my wife mentioned that there are things that I do that bother her. In a week we're going away with my family for our annual Labor Day get away. I started pulling out clothes last night and sitting them to the side. I folded them and sat them on one spot on the sofa. I don't want to forget... show more This morning my wife mentioned that there are things that I do that bother her. In a week we're going away with my family for our annual Labor Day get away. I started pulling out clothes last night and sitting them to the side. I folded them and sat them on one spot on the sofa. I don't want to forget anything. My wife has a problem with that saying I'm making the house look messy. She feels that I should wait till next Wed or Thurs to pack. I told her a lot of people start pulling things out a week before a vacation just to make sure they have everything. It's not like I walked to the living room door and just chucked my clothes in there and where ever they landed that's where they will stay. She also has a problem with the fact that when I come in from work I sit my bookbag down on the sofa, only to pick it back up and walk back out the door the next morning. She said that makes the house look nasty. By her own admission she doesn't like a lot of company in our house so what does it matter if I leave my bookbag on the sofa overnight? What does it matter that I'm laying clothes out for a vacation trip in a week? Isn't it my house too? Am I the only one who do things like this or is she just looking for something to complain about? Now, she keeps a blanket on the back of the sofa so that when she gets cold she can wrap up on it. Yes, even in the summer.
6 answers 6