Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingOther - General Health Care · 6 months ago

My doctor doesn't believe that I have fibromyalgia. I DO have it. What should I do?

I've been having symptoms now for MONTHS. I've had MRIs and ultrasounds and other tests and they have all come back clear. This would suggest it IS fibromyalgia. I have three family members with the condition.

My doctor is ignoring me and telling me it's 'mental'.

What should I do about this?

Fibromyalgia is a medical term for an idiopathic condition. It is commonly diagnosed to hypochrondriacs.

• Jim

Go to another doctor, but if he/she tells you you don't have it them believe them.

• kelvin

you see a good therapist

go to youtube and search for Dr Berg Fibromyalgia. There are treatments that can ease your symptoms. They may be caused by nutritional deficiencies. Check it out. Worth a view.

• keerok

Go to another doctor.

• Tavy

Get a second opinion. This illness is hard to diagnose as it shows no physical symptoms.

Get a second opinion. Better yet, just get a new doctor because yours sounds like a POS.

See another doctor..........