religion luke 11:2 "Let your Kingdom come." Why pray for God's Kingdom to come and where is it coming to?

39 Answers

Relevance
  • TeeM
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The Kingdom of God is the solution to all the problems mankind is facing today.

This is why we preach 'the good news of the Kingdom"!

The Kingdom or rulers will be in heaven,

This is why it is called a heavenly Kingdom.

The Kingdom comes when all of God's enemies are placed under Christ hand

And he comes and brings judgment upon the entire inhabited earth.

• antonius
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

TeeM, when were you first subjected to brainwashing to believe the crapola that you post? Since you were about 2 years old? LMAO!

• Al
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Jesus was very clear in Luke 17:21 " The Kingdom of God comes not by Observation, for behold, the Kingdom of God is within you".

there are other scriptures that support that statement, I believe what Jesus was implying is, the light of God is what we are made from, where Gods kingdom is coming to is our memory by way of the Holy Spirit.

• 4 months ago

If we paid attention to what Jesus said about that Kingdom, we would not be so fixated on a future series of events about the heavenly Kingdom having effect on Earth that we failed to appreciate its power right now.

Jesus said in the first century A.D. that believers in Him are to "Seek first the Kingdom of God and HIS righteousness" as our priority. Then other, necessary things will be added to us. But the seeking has to come first! How do we enter into it? Where is that strait gate we must go through? It is Jesus Himself - He is that strait gate. We cannot try entering via a religious group's instructions, or accept anyone trying to tell us it's all future. That is contrary to what Jesus told us. He said that those recognising their poverty of spirit have the Kingdom of Heaven right now (Matthew 5:3). He used present tense, not future tense. He also linked thirsting after God's righteousness with that, even if one is "persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven." (vs. 10) Present tense, not future tense.

Recognizing Jesus as the King of that Kingdom is key to understanding the on-going power and work of God's Kingdom. We have to bend our knees in Jesus' name and then we become subjects of God's Kingdom, even now, while we are on Earth. We are appointed to be ambassadors for Christ right now (2 Cor 5:20), representing that Kingdom even now, while we are on Earth.

Believers in Jesus know He is the King of God's Kingdom. We pray to know God's will so that we can be aligned with it. We desire God's will to be done on Earth as it is in Heaven, as Jesus told us to pray. That is why we pray - to get clarity on how we fit in to all that, right now. We concentrate on the here and now, but many become obsessed with future events, focussed on prophecies about an eventual expansion of God's Kingdom. Staunch Bible preacher C.H. Spurgeon took the view that a strong indication of a bankrupt ministry was an emphasis on predictive prophecy. That is exactly what legs down many denominations. It always has done, over the centuries. It was particularly obvious in the 19th century when lots of groups predicted dates for Jesus' return - many claiming that it would be invisible. They were all proven utterly wrong, but that has not stopped their leaders making excuses for why they got things so wrong, and they continue adamantly telling members that now they have clearer 'light' on those prophecies, and the current teaching is 'guaranteed to happen soon'.

Christians are already in the Kingdom of God, and they have learned that it is HIS righteousness they seek. That is what they pray for, to know how to stop seeking their own righteousness and desiring only His, that it be reflected in their lives as subjects of the King. This is a present reality for them, and they do not waste their time devoted to future ideas; they get on with promoting that Kingdom right now, here on Earth, pointing others to Christ as the King, not to ideas of utopia in the future. God has the future totally in hand. Our job is to live each day, one day at a time, as those who commend Christ the King to others.

• norine4 months agoReport

"GOD HATH REVEALED BY HIS SPIRIT" (I Cor 2:10) and YOU can't DENY that it doesn't FIT LIKE A GLOVE [UNLESS YOU LIE].

• 4 months ago

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

• norine4 months agoReport

JW's "soothe those itching ears" (II Tim 4:3-4) as they "DENY THE POWER OF GOD" (II Tim 3:5-7) who are just "widening the road to destruction" (Matt 7:13-14) and will hear "Depart from Me I never knew you" (Matt 7:23) due to "UNBELIEF" (Heb 3:19)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Oh, did you get the part by one of them about god wants them to pray for that kingdom on earth? What's wrong with believers? They claim god is going to do this and that, but still they have to pray. I thought it was all that god's plan. as they have contended. So why pray if god is going to decide ?

• Donald
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

the life of JESUS is real. as real as your hatred for HIM.
      the romans did not lie about HIM. (YOU DO......)
      rewards are coming. count on this.....

• Otto
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

True Christians believe that only God's Kingdom will bring true peace and security to this earth. - Ps.146:3-5.

Source(s): Bible
    • antonius
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

@Otto, I have been waiting for a moron to make that statement to me, and here is my answer to you: either make or set here means the same thing. 'When you open your closed mind and learn that the truth is that the story is not true, then you will be set free.' got it?

• 4 months ago

First we have to distinguish between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of Heaven.

The kingdom of Heaven is God's network and government in heaven. It has not been established on Earth yet.

The kingdom of God is necessary because it is the source of God's operations on the Earth. Surely you can't want for him NOT to be involved in our lives. That would be silly. It was established in 1830 in fulfillment of Rev. 14:6.

• 4 months ago

So you can be prepared to enter it . It came during Daniel 2's 10 EU nations . See my answers .

• 4 months ago

Since that event there is Colossians 1:13, then the looking forward to 2 Peter 1:11. The passage in Matthew 21:43 has already yielded to the Col. 1:13 one.

• BJ
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The Kingdom is the rulership of Jehovah expressed through the heavenly government in the hands of his Son Jesus’ Revelation 20:6

It will soon come against all earthly opposers of God’s sovereignty, removing them from the scene. Daniel 2:44

Then the will of Jehovah will be done on earth, even as it is in heaven.

• antonius
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

What's wrong with believers? They claim god is going to do this and that, but still they have to pray. I thought it was all that god's plan. as they have contended. So why pray if god is going to decide ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.