Am I delusional???? (Read Details, Please)?

Long story short, I was researching foreclosure homes and found some that the starting bid for some of them strated at 150k for a 500k house. Assuming I win the bid and that I got lucky and nothing was wrong with the house (including no taxes owed). I told my my mom that I might do that when I have money and she... show more Long story short, I was researching foreclosure homes and found some that the starting bid for some of them strated at 150k for a 500k house. Assuming I win the bid and that I got lucky and nothing was wrong with the house (including no taxes owed). I told my my mom that I might do that when I have money and she told me I was delusional because where the heck am I going to get any thing near that in this life time. I have my Master's in Business and I do ok financially, but I just don't think that's alot of money considering I saved 1/4 of that within this last year. Am I delusional for thinking that 150k is NOT a lot of money for a 30 something year old???And also, am I delusional thinking that I could make some cash selling houses???? ( I have a Master's in Marketing and do ok,)
12 answers 12