Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 12 months ago

Where is the best place to stay in NYC for Christmas break?

We are planning to go to NYC this Christmas but we don’t know what part of Manhattan that has the most beautiful sites. Please don’t judge me cause this is my first time. I find that NYC is the best place around christmastime in my opinion. Please help.

• Sharon

Times Square is noisy, dirty, and a bit sleazy, although good interesting ethnic restaurants on side streets. Don't stay there. It is likely the most desirable locations are already booked up, as Christmas is one of the most popular times. I suggest you use one of the booking sites such as Trivago to find what you can afford. So long as you are near public transportation most places are convenient.

• DON W

All of the hotel chains have multiple hotels in Manhattan. In general, most tourists stay in midtown Manhattan. You should be aware that hotels typically cost more than $250 a night, particularly around Christmas and the New Year.

• MS

There are sights to see all over Manhattan at Christmas time. I'd stay wherever you can afford. Staying in midtown is certainly the most convenient, but tends to be the most expensive.

I hope you find a place TODAY, because that week is jammed and prices added insane.

Anywhere - NYC is a working city so all of the tourist sites are not located in one area. There's Times Square, Bryant Park, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, etc, etc ad nauseum.

As long as you are near a subway station, and that's pretty much everywhere, you should be fine

Are you asking about places to see in NY during Christmas time?

There’s Times Square. Around the Nintendo store, there’s a skating rink. Macy’s has a Christmas theme window display. I think Saks puts on a light show. Surprisingly there’s no topless Christmas elf near the police station. I guess the weather is too cold for them or they don’t want to show their erect nipples.