Towelie asked in PetsCats · 4 months ago

I found a stray cat, very thin and malnourish...will the humane society take him in?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Take it in and drop it off. the cat will likely be put down since its sick and that's better then you stealing it or it starving to death

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Yes. If you don't want to keep him and try to bring him back to good health, then take him to the shelter where they can end his suffering.

• 4 months ago

Take the cat to the vets or shelter. We found a kitten on the side of the road once who was malnourished and was covered in fleas (probably abandoned and left to die). We took it to the vets and they took her no questions asked and we called up the next day to see how she was. She was doing well and had to be put on a drip. They re homed her and have had no contact since (this was two years ago).

Hope this helps! :)

• J C
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Yes, generally. They will scan the cat for a microchip, match the cat against any 'lost cat' information they have, and then after the stray hold is up (generally 3-5 days) they will either offer him for adoption, or euthanize, depending on how full they are, what is wrong, etc. A shelter that is full can refuse to take a cat, but they can advise you on where to take him. The Animal Control in your area cannot refuse an animal that is brought in, as they are under contract with your county to take in strays, owner surrenders, etc. but they are also the ones that are quickest to euthanize due to lack of space.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Why not phone the Humane society? They'll DEFINITELY know.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

The only way to know is to ask them.

• 4 months ago

It is better if you nurse him back to health.

• TB12
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I found a stray cat a few years ago,,, very sweet, friendly,,,, she's asleep on the chair next to me right now.

• 4 months ago

ASPCA is your best bet.

• 4 months ago

Very considerate to assume the cat's gender.

• Big Boss4 months agoReport

You're ******* retarded. Take your political bullshit and leave.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.