Do trans women like to wear a variety of wigs while they try to figure out how to do female hair?

Favorite Answer

Wearing wigs is a good way to see, what hairstyle looks best on you.

• reme_1

Sure, why not.....they have to learn.

Just like any women would at the beginning of that learning curve. Most transsexual women I know, and that is a lot, do not wear wigs at all.

• Robin

i have a few wigs but havent worn them in years now. At first i was going bald but oestrogen has stopped that and my hair is long now

Speaking for myself, the only time I've ever worn a wig was when it was a "man" wig for disguising my appearance on a documentary. Other than that, no. I can only think a trans woman would want to wear a wig if she had a problem with hair loss.

Yes.

In fact, many of them -- especially the drag queens -- spend a majority of their cash on wigs, makeup, shoes and gowns.

This seems to give them confidence that they will be able to pull of the "lady act."

• Elizabeth

Trans is short for "transgender". Transgender is an umbrella term that in fact, does include drag queens. Drag queens are mostly straight men, but that community does also include a few transsexual women. Most transsexual women do not spend an inordinate amount of time with wigs or make-up.