Vanessa asked in HealthMental Health · 9 months ago

I think I have depression, and multiple online tests said I do. My mom says its just hormones. What should I do?

Believe it or not your mom could actually be right. There’s a fair amount of scientific evidence that thyroid hormone imbalances can actually cause depression and anxiety and other psychiatric disorders. You’ll have to go to a naturopathic doctor or alternative doctor to check that out though. Psychiatrists are never going to suggest you go to a naturopath to check your thyroid or anything else because they’d rather give you psychiatric drugs since that’s how they make a living. They don’t want you to get better... they want you to stay depressed so they can keep you coming to their office and giving you more and more drugs to offset the horrible side effects of the drugs they’re already giving you, Like impaired glucose metabolism and subsequent obesity from SSRIs as well as brain damage, which have been proven to be side effects of these drugs. And it has also been documented that SSRIs can actually switch you from being simply depressed to having BIPOLAR depression. Google it.

Go visit a psychiatrist, online tests aren't accurate.

• Alfred

well, it sounds to me wiser and safer to immediately let your Family Doctor , in real life, exactly know what you're going through... ask for and timely get the help you need....

Something I would do for stress just things that make you happy like maybe play games watch TV talk to your friends and family. Take a little time off of work if you can. Maybe try not to worry about other people just worry about yourself. Don be so hard on yourself when you make a mistake just laugh about it. Stop talking to people that are just trying to bring you down. exercising eating a lot of food makes you feel good. Sign up for clubs in other activities that you enjoy. Maybe smoke a little bit of marijuana will help lol. But don't do any other harmful drugs.

I can tell you unless people have it themselves they will not ever understand. Unfortunately if you’re under 18, getting a councilor alone is nearly impossible. So here’s what I suggest. Eliminate gluten first from your diet- for at least 3 weeks. If that doesn’t work to give relief... reduce sugar significantly if not, eliminate it. I say that because 50% of the problems usually stem from food allergy. You’d be surprised.

An obvious sign would be if you also have acne and chronic fatigue. If you get gassy a lot or find yourself overweight. If your body can’t digest it- boat loads of problems come. Pizzas, hot dogs, fried foods and pastas- got to go. Like I said though. Just give it 3 weeks without that and see what happens.

Also if I said this and you just said to yourself “well then what do I eat?” Yeah you’re depressed because of food! Lol ask mom to give you nutrition not junk.

• Footprints9 months agoReport

15 year* battle. Acne can be hormonal but it could also be allergy. If you’re going to correct someone know your facts

It's great that you are reaching out for help. We are so sorry to hear that you are struggling. It really does sound like you have been going through a lot. We would suggest using healthy/positive coping skills such as exercising, journaling, listening to music, etc. to help you manage your pain.

It's great that you talked to your mom but it sounds like she may not understand the depth of your pain. If you need additional support, we suggest reaching out to a trusted adult such as a school counselor, teacher, coach, or minister. We would suggest getting evaluated by a medical doctor or mental health professional, and getting involved in counseling if your depression persists. It may help you to talk to a counselor at a hotline. Know that there is help out there for you and you are not alone.

Counselor, MT

Source(s): Boys Town National Hotline 1-800-448-3000, www.yourlifeyourvoice.org
  • patty

I have seen a few questions where the parents rubbish a teen who said he was depressed. see your doctor but tell your parents its for something else.

Attempt suicide but NOT in a way you’ll end up dead or horribly injured. Just show your pathetic, useless mother it isn’t hormones.

Self diagnosis is usually incorrect.

Most on line tests are purely for amusement.

If concerned, ask to see a dr but don't try and claim you have depression until you get a medical diagnosis.

Add: alternatively, could you see a school nurse? They can make a recommendation to your parents that you see a doctor.

Easy just go to a doctor , normal people can't help so why on Earth doctors exist ?

• 9 months agoReport

Vanessa you don’t need money to see a doctor ask your mom to go with with you to the doctor online tests cannot detect if you have depression or not as they don’t know . Only a doctor will know for sure .