Apprenticeships advice?

I have the opportunity to become a painters apprentice. What are the pros/cons of apprenticeships? Am I able to take days off? If I start soon I have a wedding that I’m in and obviously can’t miss that. How is pay? Benefits? Really any info is helpful

• August
    Favorite Answer

Take the apprenticeship but do ask in advance about the wedding as the longer you leave it, the easier it would be be refused. Think ahead and perhaps you could own your own company one day.Good luck young man

• Katie

This the first 3 months you are not allowed to any time off - not even sick days.

Pay is £4 an hours.

• Tavy

This is training and no you don't take days off, it is the same as a job. You won't get paid much as you you don't know what you are doing until fully trained.

These are the sort of thing that only the company or person offering you the apprenticeship will be able to tell you.

All the apprentice tradesmen I've known work exactly the same hours as the skilled ones and the first years wage wasn't a lot as you are unskilled at anything other than the opening of tins of paint and stirring its contents.