NRA4EVER asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Do democrats understand that the term sex, and gender are synonymous?

Update:

ANON- that isn't the definition of gender at all.

Update 2:

Marfan- we all know you like guys.

Update 3:

Bright- that isn't true at all. you just made that up out of thin air. show me some science to back that up.

Update 4:

Sam- no. your sex/gender is determined by what is between your legs.

Update 5:

Smartypants- no that isn't true at all. you just made that up.

Update 6:

TOM- you had gender with Marfan.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • James
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

So, regressives like to have gender with their sisters and other farm animals?

• Login to reply the answers
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, because they aren't.

even sex and sexe aren't synonymous, but apparently many anglos are too lazy to write the fourth letter.

• 6 months ago

I don't think they all have the same understanding of those words.

Some of them seem to understand them as synonymous, which is incorrect.

Others understand that sex is a biological state and gender is either a linguistic term, or a sociological one referring to the expectations imposed on people by reason of their sex. An example is the phrase, "a woman's place is in the home." This is a supposition about the proper role of a woman, which is not biologically determined (women are biologically capable of having jobs), but which is imposed on women by reason of their biology (i.e. sex. It is supposed that as women physically grow and birth the babies with their bodies it follows that they should therefore be bound to childcare and other caring roles throughout their lives, which does not follow.)

• 6 months ago

I had gender with your mom last night

• ...Show all comments
    • Sam
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

ew, having gender with someone who just had gender with someone else is gross.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

But they aren't.

Sex is biological. There are two sexes, male and female.

Gender is sociological, and has several different accepted terms for where someone falls on the masculine/feminine scale.

Gender and sex are NOT the same thing, no matter how much you want them to be.

• Kitty82
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Re the comment from the asker: It is not possible to provide scientific evidence of this because gender has no scientific basis. Asking for scientific evidence of a social construct is nonsensical.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

isn't that cute, you leaned a big new word.

Sex stems from the mind/brain, not that little thing hanging between your legs.

Don't use the head on that one to think with, use the one on your shoulders.

even though the head on your shoulders is obviously damaged.

Edit: How did Tom have gender with Marfan, when that is impossible. I'd like to see how you would do that.

• 6 months ago

Not exactly. The word 'gender' has to do with language. In English we use some different words for males and females, like he/she, his/her, etc. That's gender. In some languages you use different words for old people and young people, and that also is gender, having nothing to do with sex.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Sex = Biological

Gender = Cultural

Glad I could help.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Does that mean your mother performed oral gender on me last night?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.