Would it be weird to get a tattoo in honor of my brother?

He passed away Aug 17, 19. We were so close and I wanted to get a tattoo to honor him. He was only 21. But I wanted to get our zodiac signs in like the Yin and Yang thing. He was an Aries and I'm a Virgo.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I still will look at other tattoo designs to remember him by. I just came up with it yesterday. I'm going to wait until my 21st birthday next year. We were supposed to get tattoo's together but he passed before we could. Thank you all so much for your help and your condolences <3

• Laura
    Favorite Answer

No, its not weird to get a tattoo in honor of your brother.

I think something like this would be a really sweet way to remember him. I love tattoos like this, especially if they don't have the birth and death dates.

I think the zodiac symbols could look really neat as a tattoo together.

This is obviously a special tattoo, so i would wait for a few months to really think about it and make sure that its the design you want. During this time you can look around and find a good tattoo artist who can do this for you too.

• No. Some people do get memorial tattoos for family members that have passed on so it's not weird at all. I' thinking of getting a memorial tattoo for my grandmother and or for my pets that have passed.

People do this sometimes. However, I personally think astrology is fake, and you might come to think so too.

My suggestion: Take your time. Look at some of the tattoo designs that tattoo artists' books display. A lot of them are very elaborate, but you may find a small one that suits the situation perfectly.

I think you would find comfort in that. Do it. Sorry for your loss.

no, I don't think that's weird. you loved him and he was your family. sorry for your loss.