Severe anxiety about turning 21?

Does anyone else experience SEVERE anxiety about aging? I mean to the point of worrying about it constantly. I’m 20, and will be turning 21 on Saturday. I have had severe anxiety about birthdays since I was 17. When I was 17, it got so bad that I would watch the clock and get scared every time a minute went by,... show more Does anyone else experience SEVERE anxiety about aging? I mean to the point of worrying about it constantly. I’m 20, and will be turning 21 on Saturday. I have had severe anxiety about birthdays since I was 17. When I was 17, it got so bad that I would watch the clock and get scared every time a minute went by, because I was one minute older. My anxiety isn’t that bad anymore, but I still cry and worry A LOT about growing up, getting older, and being an adult. I’m crying right now. I can’t stand the thought of being an adult. I can’t believe I’m not a teen anymore, everything seems to go by SO fast and that really scares me. The older I get, the less accomplished I feel and the more immature I feel. I don’t really know where I’m going with this post. I’m just so scared and upset, and I’m tired of feeling this way. I really want to enjoy being young, and I can’t when I’m constantly worried. Does anyone have any advice, or has anyone been through anything similar?
2 answers 2