Severe anxiety about turning 21?

Does anyone else experience SEVERE anxiety about aging? I mean to the point of worrying about it constantly. I’m 20, and will be turning 21 on Saturday. I have had severe anxiety about birthdays since I was 17. When I was 17, it got so bad that I would watch the clock and get scared every time a minute went by, because I was one minute older. My anxiety isn’t that bad anymore, but I still cry and worry A LOT about growing up, getting older, and being an adult. I’m crying right now. I can’t stand the thought of being an adult. I can’t believe I’m not a teen anymore, everything seems to go by SO fast and that really scares me. The older I get, the less accomplished I feel and the more immature I feel. I don’t really know where I’m going with this post. I’m just so scared and upset, and I’m tired of feeling this way. I really want to enjoy being young, and I can’t when I’m constantly worried. Does anyone have any advice, or has anyone been through anything similar?

As for someone who just turned 21, I think you shouldn’t look at life with numbers. Take our life steps at a time, and I don’t mean with years. Another year passing doesn’t have to be scary, yes you’re another year older, but do you have the same goals? Do you do the same things still?

Don’t let years scare you from living your life. Birthdays are a blessing not something to be upset about. Many people don’t even get to make it to 21

You say you feel unaccomplished, are you still in school or at the same place of work? You won’t necessarily feel accomplished while busy in an investment like school or work. Many people won’t get through another semester of school/another year of work.

Just today I thought I’d love to be forever 21, but what is there to be afraid of? Meeting the person you love most, having opportunities to find something you love to do, etc. all seem like great things to look forward to.

I hope this helped. Maybe not, but that’s my input on being 21 at the moment!

Gees - you think you are aging turning 21. Stop wasting the prime of your life worrying about getting older. I'm in my 60s, retired, and having a great time with crafts and doing what I want when I want. I also know people in their 80s who spend their days playing tennis, traveling - there is so much to do in life at any age. And you are barely into your 20s and you are so tortured about getting older. Pathetic. Go and LIVE your life and stop the nonsense.