Taylor V asked in Dining OutFast Food · 12 months ago

Should i quit Mcdonald’s?

It’s my third day tomorrow and i don’t even wanna go. It’s miserable. On my first day they put me straight on drive thru and even tho i had someone helping it was hard. After my break they made me work front counter ALONE. I didn’t get any training and nobody helped me. Today was my second day and even tho i was getting better it was still hard for me and i needed help but nobody did.The managers are rude to me because i don’t know how to do it. Then they had me do more (cashier, make coffee, bag the meals and do fries etc) i can’t do it all by myself and if i didn’t they would talk **** saying i should know more for my second day like what? I dont know what to do. Nobody there had been nice to me except one person who clocks in right as i’m clocking out.

Do you expect to walk onto every single job you'll ever take an immediately have it down 1000% percent?

• Betty

I'd quit...working at Burger King is much better,and the food is superior....

I had to quit a Mc Donald's, and I felt sorry for the boss, who was a nice guy. I said, "I don't think this job will work out for me" and he understood. Trying to multitask at a job never worked out for me, so I went back to manufacturing as soon as I could.

I will give you my honest opinion on this whole thing. I once worked at McDonald’s when I was probably in my early 30’s. It was a miserable place to be. You had to stay in long hours on your feet, and put up with a lot of garbage from management and customers. For me it was very emotionally devastating. I didn’t last very long there. In fact, I was fired after three days. I couldn’t keep up with it. Any kind of food business (supermarkets, fast or r), are bound to take a toll on your menta, physical and emotional health after a while. I would tell you what my father used to tell me. If you don’t like the job, get another one first, then leave. But make sure you leave on good terms. Don’t go storming out of there, cursing at your manager. Give them notice and leave peacefully.

You should stay. Quitting right away won’t help you.

• Iva

No, having a job is a blessing. ou should give a longer trying!!!

• Bob

You can quit if you want to, I would speak to the manager first and see if anything changed

Welcome to the real world. Nothing in life worth anything is easy.

Stick with it for a while unless you get a job you like better. Its good experience putting up with the BS that comes with any job.

hang in there it will get better and that is work.