I get sad when I cannot re-create special memories on the anniversary of them or correct bad memories on anniversary. How do I fix this?

For example today is the anniversary of a very bad memory where my Mom had brainwashed me against my Dad during their divorce and so I gave the cold shoulder to him and his family (I was age 11). I got much closer as a teen and saw through my mother's emotional abuse but years later this week brings me sadness.... show more For example today is the anniversary of a very bad memory where my Mom had brainwashed me against my Dad during their divorce and so I gave the cold shoulder to him and his family (I was age 11). I got much closer as a teen and saw through my mother's emotional abuse but years later this week brings me sadness. Othertimes it is a good memory like in two weeks one of a fun wedding with my Dad and his family when I was in high school and had joined back in.

So how do I fix this and re-create all these memories and fix the bad ones even if things are not exactly as were decades ago? I am 37 now and female.
1 answer 1