Worried I have STD?

About 6 days ago, I had protected sex with a stranger I met while out. I received oral but did not give any, we did make out though. Two days after hooking up, my throat began to hurt and got progressively worse, I also have gotten very dry lips, and I think non painful cold sores. I went to the doctor and they... show more About 6 days ago, I had protected sex with a stranger I met while out. I received oral but did not give any, we did make out though. Two days after hooking up, my throat began to hurt and got progressively worse, I also have gotten very dry lips, and I think non painful cold sores. I went to the doctor and they said it was just “some virus” but I have not been tested and my throat pain has incapacitated me from working and I have pain when talking, i have never had throat pain this badly. I have no fever, or cough just extreme throat pain, and am Worried about my lips that I could have gotten herpes or worse. Anybody ever experienced this?? I am scared that it is an STD and my death sentence.
1 answer 1