Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 10 months ago

Nipple discharge?

For about 2 months or so I've had an issue with one breast producing discharge. I'm 14 years old, and female. Everyday I find spots on my bra where the discharge has leaked through and when I squeeze my nipple a dot of discharge comes out. Its like this clearish yellow/brown color and I'm just concerned because this has been happening for awhile now and didn't think much about it to begin with. Does anyone have any guesses on what the issue could be, or how to fix it?? And yes, I know I should see a doctor but I really need some advice right now.

Go to the doctor

this sounds like you should be ok but if nipples are discolored or starting to itch, Get checked by a doctor.

No one can guess. It could be hormonal or puberty related, but, even at 14 its not normal to have yellow or brown discharge coming from a nipple. You should make it a priority to discuss this either with your regular GP or a gynecologist. The only way to fix this is to get a proper exam, and bloodworks to check on your hormones and thyroid. Taking medical advice from randos with little to no medical experience is not recommended. Talk to your mom if you aren't sure about how to get an appointment. It is very important to get this resolved soon. take care.