Reason for two cats to disappear?

So we had two ferrel kittens that we had spayed and neutered not too long ago and we pretty much domesticated them and they've just been outside cats. We would feed them every morning and every night with chicken hearts and dry food. They never missed a meal and were pretty comfortable with us. The black one... show more So we had two ferrel kittens that we had spayed and neutered not too long ago and we pretty much domesticated them and they've just been outside cats. We would feed them every morning and every night with chicken hearts and dry food. They never missed a meal and were pretty comfortable with us. The black one even lets me pick him up and pet him. My dad will be doing work on the porch with the saw and drills etc and they don't even budge. They just lay there and sleep. But they both just disappeared without a trace. I guess it'd be one thing if it was just one and the other stuck around but they're both gone and haven't seen them for a couple days. Could a hawk have gotten both of them? A raccoon? The raccoons are near them all the time and never harm them but I know they get aggressive. Or do you think maybe they just went out to explore further than our porch? They're both only a few months old and from the same litter.
20 answers 20