Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 9 months ago

How effective is Azithromycin for Chlamydia?

Just took treatment and was wondering how effective it is, I took to tablets of azithromycin as a one time dose. And also how long should I wait to retest? And for everyone reading this remember to wrap it up!

• Favorite Answer

It should be effective if you take it as directed. Also you should avoid having sex (even oral sex) while you're being treated. I've read you should wait about a week after taking the medication to get re tested. You can always call your doctor and ask them about the treatment.

Azithromycin is used to treat many different types of infections caused by bacteria, such as respiratory infections, skin infections, ear infections, and sexually transmitted diseases. Azithromycin may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

that's what Google says. It is beyond me why people come here to ask these questions when they can simply find out by Googling it.