promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Will I be held accountable for my actions? (attempt at stealing)?

So I was at a store and then I took tags from different items and put other items to make them cheaper. I went to a self checkout and then as I was ringing the items with the fake cheaper cheaper prices the system froze and called for special assistance, when i went to an employee standing there asking what is this message she was flabbergasted herself and said she never seen this before and what for the higher ups to come, me already worrying about my wrongdoing decided to just walk out the store empty handed and without meeting any other employees, so I would not be punished for my scheme.....I know my face will be on camera and the employees will discover the misused tags....am I on America s Most Wanted now?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Just don't go back to that store. They can't actually arrest you because you didn't remove anything from the store.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

You should be held accountable, your are a thief.

• 9 months ago

While a crime was committed , it's unlikely the store would pursue the issue, but many chain outfits now have the ability to sort and share images with law enforcement, so it's not impossible for this to be an issue later, if you are arrested for something else.

Not likely to make much of a difference in any charge, but it could possibly impact a sentencing hearing

• 9 months ago

Nope, just on the store video and the local police departments detective assignment sheet as to who will be assigned to investigate.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

its possible,you shouldnt have done it if you didnt want to be punished for it

• sally9 months agoReport

why would they do anything dweeb its not like i walked out with the items dweeb

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Not unless you go back there and they have video of you swapping the price tags. It probably triggered because the barcodes didn't correspond with the prices.

• -
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I hope so. The weight of the item probably didn't correspond to the tag you attempted to use.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Can you be arrested? Yes. Will you? I have no way of knowing.

• sally9 months agoReport

why would i be arrested dweeb

• 9 months ago

what goes around comes around. It's called karma

• Kidddas
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIaiXmm1H0o

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.