Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Would you still support current gun laws if your son/daughter died in a school shooting?

• Edward

Criminals n nut job do not care about gun laws pass more they laugh.

Would you support current alcohol laws if your son and daughter got killed by a drunk driver.

Yes, kids are much, much more likely to get shot out of school than in school. If someone killed my child, I would be furious at that individual, not the gun. The gun didn’t decide to kill anyone, the shooter did.

It bothers me that some try to shift the responsibility off the murderer and onto an inanimate object. Murder is always the fault of the murderer.

• Sfancik

What if we made some rules that made it harder for murderers to murder lots of people quickly. Would that be okay? Keep the focus on those murderers!

@ Sfancik You need to actually read the article before you use it to support your position.

All mass school shootings have been perpetrated by adolescents who were on or had recently been on powerful psychotropic drugs to treat mental illness. They SHOULD HAVE BEEN in a mental hospital, but lawsuits filed by the ACLU caused the abolition of the mental hospital system in the USA in the 1990s. It is not a coincidence mass shootings of any type were extremely rare in the USA prior to the 1990s.

• Sfancik

They weren't rare, they were maybe less frequent, but the reason it seems like there are more now is because they're more deadly now. I'm kind of agreeing.

Current Federal Gun Laws aren't being enforced. Even Democrat Dominated Cities and States don't enforce the laws already on the books.

If they were enforced then many of the events (but certainly not all) would not have happened.

More can be done. President Trump has already banned "bump-stocks". The arguments regarding the "Facts" forwarded by the Media are all too often BOGUS.

Rational Legislation is possible if pursued by rational people who understand Why we have a Second Amendment.

You mean the second amendment? YES. The gun is not the cause of shootings. I have guns and none of them have killed anyone.

Would you ban pools if your child drowned, because more children drown than die in school shootings.

• L.N.

I'd sue the school system for making the school a gun free shooting gallery.

• Sfancik

Right, I would only feel safe sending my kid to a school where all the kids and teachers have guns. wcgw?

If my son/daughter died in a school shooting, I would wish every student in the school would have been carrying an assault weapon

BeansforBrains2018

• Sfancik

But what about the second amendment rights of irresponsible people? Are you saying their rights should be infringed?

If my son/daughter died in a school shooting, I would wish more good guys in the school would have been carrying a gun

• Sfancik

That would help. I would wish that the gun had shot bubbles and flowers instead of bullets!

I don't support the current gun laws and I haven't lost a child to the shootings.

What is your point?