Musical Writer's Block?

I have a question about writer's block or more specifically how to overcome it. I have been playing and writing music for about 7 years now and for the past year and a half i have been focusing specifically on a passion project of mine. I have finally reached a point of relative satisfaction with the project... show more I have a question about writer's block or more specifically how to overcome it. I have been playing and writing music for about 7 years now and for the past year and a half i have been focusing specifically on a passion project of mine. I have finally reached a point of relative satisfaction with the project and am currently working on a live show for it. The past 6 months or so have been a dry spell, i have produced several tracks in the time period, but none of which have quite met my standards compared to my earlier work. I am now planning on working on a follow-up to this first project, but everytime i sit down to write i end up never satisfied with any of the ideas i come up with. I feel like i have lost all of my creativity and it really has put me in a really dark place. I don't like complaining, but i really just feel like i am no longer adequate. I don't know if i should just focus on the music i have already created or just take a break all together. If anyone has advice for overcoming a block i would really appreciate it. Thank you.
3 answers 3