Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 12 months ago

Colleague getting promoted?

I came to my employer as a transfer so I've been with the company longer than my colleague. When my colleague started with the company there was no manager present in our department so my colleague assumed the role. A manager was placed in the department and my colleague and that manager essentially trained together and I was excluded. I resented that behavior. My manager is no longer with the company and a position has opened up. My colleague was afforded the opportunity to work mostly days which garnered more face time with upper management, as I was primarily nights. Many of the important tasks are done during the day and as such I've had less exposure to them. Now, my colleague seems to know more than I do and is highly favored by management. I've decided not to apply for the position because I've been given a disadvantage. I'm now contemplating leaving the company all together in a company I like and a job I love. Any advice would be helpful.

Favorite Answer

i would find another job and give a two wks notice if you want to leave

< Any advice would be helpful. >

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.