Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

How to overcome hit and run paranoia?

I'm constantly looking in my rearview to check if anyone is pulled over or lying in the road. Most recently, I was maneuvering for parking in front of an apartment complex when I realized I was very close to a car behind me. I immediately slammed on the brakes and there was no obvious impact. I parked, the other driver parked in the nearby as well but never approached me or tried to get my attention (I stayed with my car for a few minutes because I had arranged to meet someone there). My dashcam footage is also inconclusive. There is a sound but when there's no way to tell if it's me braking or an impact. There's no obvious damage on my car. The distance is also difficult to determine. How plausible is it that I could hit someone and cause damage without it being completely obvious? This forum thread seems to show that it is can happen. https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/125443/... I don't play music or radio in my car. Another time, I hit a curb and left black tire mark And another time, I had to back away from a community gate, hit a curb and fear I may have ran over the grass/plants on the median as well (I couldn't tell for sure from looking at it and my dashcam footage). Would any of the above count as damaging city/someone's property? Should I report? Thanks in advance.

• Daddio
    Favorite Answer

Nothing to report. I think you need to be a whole lot more careful when behind the wheel

i would just try to concentrate more on driving