How do I get into soccer?

I've had a strong prejudice against soccer and soccer players because growing up I have been an American football fan and seeing people fake injuries made me think so much less of the sport.

I recently went to an MLS game, and my prejudice held up because there were so many flops it was ridiculous. Is there a league that actually plays the game and doesn't use fake injuries and acting as strategy? I feel like the wimpy play is the only thing standing in the way of me really enjoying the sport.

Favorite Answer

In world Football (what you call Soccer) they have brought in VAR (Video Assistant Referee) technology at the top level which has made the acting more difficult to get away with. Its a tough and fast game with none of that massive padding, and horrible injuries happen still.

• William9 months agoReport

Got it. My impression from going to the MLS game is that there was no review and the call on the field was written in stone. What league would you reccomend?

soccer and football are both bad you need to try golf instead

• William9 months agoReport

I can play golf but it's hard to follow a golf tournament for 4 days a week, you know?