Alie asked in HealthMental Health · 4 months ago

Is this normal for Anxiety?

So when I go out(and it's only when I'm in public or going for long walks) I notice I feel as if I can't walk. Like as I am walking, I feel like I am going to fall down or pass out. Like my legs are locked. Then I start to overthink my breathing and my asthma making me believe I'm having asthma attacks. And I'm afraid to keep walking because I keep having this feeling of not breathing(but I don't feel as if I am hyperventilating), my legs are heavy, and I'm going to fall down and pass out.

I also notice that it definitely happens in large open areas when I have nothing I can grab. Examples being a large street crossing or a big field.

I can't stand this feeling and it literally ruins EVERYTHING. I honestly would rather just deal with my asthma than this feeling.

Like I am going to Montreal in January, and I WANT to enjoy myself and walk the streets happily. Like I want to go ice skating and if I feel as if I can't even walk, how can I go ice skating?

So does that whole passing out/falling thing sound like anxiety?

It can be. But the amounts of "likes" in that question got my anxiety up.

• Kelley

Please see a physician

Yes, sounds like possible social anxiety which can be treated with medication or other more natural ways such as deep breathing or other coping skills.

maybe you should talk to your doctor about it,it might not have anything to do with anxiety