Hannah asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

is being suicidal the same thing as having suicidal thoughts? or is suicidal when you have attempted to kill yourself before?

Suicide, taking your own life, is a tragic reaction to stressful life situations. Suicidal thoughts have many causes. Most often, suicidal thoughts are the result of feeling like you can't cope when you're faced with what seems to be an overwhelming life situation. If you don't have hope for the future, you may mistakenly think suicide is a solution. You may experience a sort of tunnel vision, where in the middle of a crisis you believe suicide is the only way out. Signs to look for:

Talking about suicide for example, making statements such as "I'm going to kill myself," "I wish I were dead" or "I wish I hadn't been born.”

Withdrawing from social contact and wanting to be left alone.

Having mood swings, such as being emotionally high one day and deeply discouraged the next.

Feeling trapped or hopeless about a situation.

Doing risky or self-destructive things, such as driving recklessly or using drugs.

no but thoughts can lead to someone doing it

Yes. Definitely.

Source(s): Google.com
  • Will

Yes. You are in a suicidal mindset and therefore are suicidal.