Re Re asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 11 months ago

I feel so alone and I don't know what to do. Advice?

I have not felt this way in a while. Feeling alone started in seventh grade when I was bullied, then carried over to high school (where I had friends, but always felt like the last option or an outlier). I switched schools my junior year, however, which was one of the best decisions for my mental health. I found friends I instantly clicked with and a boyfriend who I confided in and shared practically every detail of my life with.

Then he went to college.

And then we broke up.

Honestly, I'm not really sure how to handle this post break up stage. I know I shouldn't have used him as my life boat, but he really was the glue holding me together, and keeping me from falling apart. I realize that now that he is gone. It hurts a lot, not just because he didn't want long distance and I feel like I'm losing my best friend, but also because I feel like I have no one to talk to. My mom said, "oh god" when I said "it's time to vent" today because she thought I was talking about venting to her about my problems and she didn't want to listen. (I was really talking about my vent paper for English).

The point is people don't want to hear my issues. They might listen just to be polite, but even my best friend is probably tired of hearing about it. I just feel so alone in this and this is my first break up. I don't know what to do

Favorite Answer

We can't depend upon a man to keep us glued together or for our personal level of contentment. It all starts inside of us, not from the outside.

You're going to meet someone else, just give it time. We go through the motions of grief and loss after we have a break up with someone we cared about. It's normal.

there are websites out there about Surviving a Break Up and you'll get some good advice.

Take care of YOU. You are the most important person in your life.

And realize -- relationships last until they don't. This won't be your last break up. Believe me.

• KTJoe

Any upbeat fun convos or just talk about your problems, issues, do you listen to a friends problems, their happy times etc..Friends aren't an emotional dumping ground, friends are peeps one can laugh with talk to about good times, a few bad times, go place with, just great company. Make new friends but listen to what peeps are saying, share thoughts and have fun.

Mmmm try to practice self loving

• i'm not sure my friend but in life we face many challenges and have lessons to learn, we are learning until the day we die, god is with you, never give up.