Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 11 months ago

Breast Specialist referral.?

I went to the doctor today for a breast exam. I have an indent on one breast. She checked it and said she felt no lumps in either breasts. She also checked my lymph nodes and didn’t say that there was any swelling in them. But she referred me to a breast specialist for an ultrasound. She did say considering my age (26) and that I don’t have any family history of breast cancer that the odds are in my favor. But I still can’t help but feel worried. The indentation is really the only symptom that I have but I still feel scared right now. Am I worrying for nothing?

• Pippin
    Favorite Answer

Not sure what a breast specialist.

is. A gyn normally manages most breast-related concerns. Perhaps you saw your GP and she is referring you to a gyn?

The odds of breast cancer in a woman your age, with no palpable lumps would be about nil. Stop fretting.

• Pippin

An indentation can be a sign of concern in a woman at risk for breastcancer, by reasons of age or genetic history or medical history. You have no such signs. I'm sure your GP is just being thorough, and giving a specialist a chance to weigh in on a problem that is not within her field of expertise.

Sounds like you are worrying for nothing and your doctor is being very thorough.

Nobody cares about you, so go burn yourself at the stake ;) Don't forget my barbecue sauce cause the smell of your smoke will make me hungry for your flesh.

• LAN

Why do you insist on posting the same basic lies over and over. You aren't intelligent enough to avoid using the same phrases over and over and that always tips off intelligent people that all you do is continually post hypochondriac rants over and over. And you always post this in the cancer section instead of mental health where all questions about irrational fears belong.

Reported.