Car revs up a little before complete stop. Sometimes car lunges forward too depending how I'm braking?

Car revs up a little before complete stop. Like maybe 1-300 rpm. Not much at all. 2011 malibu. I asked my girlfriend who has a 2015 cruze and hers does it too. Am I over thinking it? I just noticed it today while with her. Just got the car a month and half ago

I would think that would be a safety issue. Car is bucking bronco. I can't imagine any explanation. An Ancient Sage would probably get a code readout.

Or you know what you could DIY? Get throttle body spray cleaner and clean the throttle body.

The transmission is downshifting - as you were answered when you asked this question last week. (so I guess you didn't "just notice it today".

• CB

Is your shoe over hanging the brake pedal enough to touch the accelerator when the brake is pushed enough to stop the vehicle. (If you use your left foot for braking then this is a moot question)